In 2016, we had an issue with our website—not everything is as simple as carpeting! We’re back now, and our collection of articles is ready for your perusal.
Even better: our site is now SSL-encrypted, which means that the NSA is going to have a harder time finding out that you want carpet tiles. Well, except they already know that because of your search history. Oh well, this site’s secure at least!
If you have any carpet questions, please give us a call! Everyone here has full carpet clearance! 🔓😉
Denver carpet may smell a bit better, because of the thinner air…?
When you’re having new carpet installed, one of the things to consider is the smell of the carpet “offgassing.” Offgassing is what happens when the carpet is installed, and the new carpet, on a roll around stretched for the first time, releases some of the chemicals that were used to create it. Some people experience headaches and olfactory discomfort due to the smell.
What to do about smelly carpet
There are some different options to reduce odor in newly installed carpet. Here’s a list:
- Crack the windows
Cracking the windows is a good first step: get some fresh air in there!
- Put a box fan in the window
Increased circulation dissipates the odor.
- Sprinkle some baking soda around the carpet
Baking soda is well known for absorbing scents – it also works for absorbing carpet smells! Sprinkle some baking soda around the carpet, then vacuum the next day.
- Be sheep-ish – get wool carpet
Wool does not off-gas as much, because of the natural fibers of the wool. There’s still some off-gassing because of the glue in the carpet, but nowhere near synthetic fiber carpet.
Buying carpet can be a headache.
Finding the carpet for your space. Confirming that the warranty is the best available. Trusting the salespeople. Trusting installation. Knowing what you’re getting.
That’s why when you buy carpet with us, from our warehouse, you will be presented with all the information you need, and by non-pushy salespeople. We know you may want to shop around, and that’s fine: you won’t find a better offer for carpet anywhere in Colorado. We will win on price, quality, warranty, and installation. Continue reading
We’re having a carpet sale!
Site-wide, we’re offering discounts of up to 20% off our carpet: all of our carpet tiles, Stainmaster carpet, carpet remnants, and more.
Give us a call at (720) 443-3758 for the best prices for carpet in the entire Denver metro area.
Also, until August 30th 2013, we’re also providing $100 off Denver carpet installation – call now for details.
Stainmaster® carpet is the stain master.
Did you know that Stainmaster® offers a limited lifetime warranty on their carpet?
One of the most stressful parts of owning carpet is stains. You have mud stains to worry about. Food, foot traffic, pets, and general life are all dirty things! Your carpet might get stained beyond carpet cleaning, and then you’d have to replace the carpet.
That is, if you want to have your carpet for your whole life.
Here’s what their warranty covers:
- All food and beverage stains — no exclusions
- Pet urine stains
- Static shock
as well as limited coverage on:
- Abrasive wear caused by foot traffic
- Texture loss due to carpet tufts losing their twist
For Stainmaster carpet in Denver, give us a call
With that many things covered, you can really rest easy about making your carpet choices: they only choice is the color, the style, and where you go for your carpeting needs. Give us a call at (720) 443-3758, and we know you’ll be happy with our quality service.
Carpet buyers in Denver generally get their carpet installed by the company that sold them their carpet. This works well when the company is reputable. It doesn’t work well sometimes, though.
What to look out for when you’re buying carpet and having it installed.
Here are some things to watch out for when you’re having your carpet installed:
If you’re having the carpet installed by the company you bought the carpet from, are the installers working for the company, or are they freelance? If the installers are freelance, what company do they work for?
- Do your carpet installers warrantee their work? You always want work to have a warrantee or guarantee.
- Are the installers insured? Never allow someone to work in or on your house that is not insured.
- Are they members of the Better Business Bureau or represented in an industry group? Know who you’re dealing with.
It’s easy to “go with the flow” and get your carpet installed, but it’s better to make sure you’re getting quality carpet installation up front. It may save you a headache in the future!
To be safe, you could always contact us and get your carpet installed professionally. 😉
When carpet & flooring companies do a large project and have left-over carpet–brand new, never used carpet–they often sell the remaining carpet as “remnants.”
For large projects, carpeting companies may have lots of remnants of the same carpet.
Remnants are perfect for you if:
- You don’t need much square footage of carpet
- You want to re-carpet a single room, hallway, or small space
- You want new, high-quality carpet at a drastically reduced price
- You want carpet with a factory warranty
Let us know what you’re looking for; we have some of the best selection of Denver carpet remnants available.
With the warm weather we’ve been having in Denver, carpets are getting beaten up.
You don’t need LASIK to see the problem: you have two kids, three dogs, and your rug is starting to look three shades darker than it started. You have Denver weather all over your carpet.
1. Clean the carpet
We offer professional carpet cleaning services that will make your carpet look like new. Our steaming method removes 99.8% of all moisture after cleaning, so you can get back to enjoying your carpet immediately after we’re done.
2. Replace your carpet
Carpet cleaning is the obvious first choice…but cleaning can’t repair damaged carpet. Carpet fibers get frayed and carpet thins over time.
When you realize this, you’ll want to contact us for the best Denver carpet prices and carpet buying experience. Contact us today for a quote that includes a free carpet installation quote.
Spring mud is months early, so come see us about it!
If you want the most stain-resistant, high-tech, environmentally-friendly carpet (at the best prices in Denver), call us today.
The holidays are a great time for redesigning your rooms.
The holidays are a time for reflection, so reflect on how you’d like your living space to be in the next year.
- Do you want new wall-to-wall carpet?
- Do you want to upgrade to natural-fiber carpet made out of cotton or wool?
- Care to save the environment using recycled-fiber carpet?
Some people like to go gung-ho with holiday decorations, so here are some great design options using carpet – specifically, carpet tile. Continue reading
If you are planning on having carpet installed in your house or doing it yourself, there are a few obvious measurements and details, then there are the less obvious things to know.
Obvious carpet installation details
- Square feet of
- carpet pad/cushion
- Linear feet of tack strip
- Make sure you have the right tools
Less obvious carpet installation details
- Is your floor squeaky? This can affect your sanity in the years to come. Once your carpet is up, you’re going to want to check for squeaks in your subfloor. Note: we do this for free when we install Denver carpet.
- Make sure to vacuum and/or mop & dry (depending on the subfloor) to remove dust. Carpet can collect years of dust that settles below the carpet and carpet pad. When your carpet is pulled up, it is a rare opportunity to remove that dust. This can help with asthma, removing smells, and general cleanliness.
- Paint the baseboard before putting it back. When you replace carpet, you’ll often encounter paint that is at the previous carpet level. Your new carpet won’t be the same height. Take the time to sand and paint your baseboards and you’ll be so much happier with the finished product.
- If you get headaches after replacing your carpet, stay somewhere else for a few days and leave the windows cracked. New petroleum-based carpet can off-gas.
So when you are considering whether to hire professional Denver carpet installation or do it yourself, there are some tips to help you along the way.